Perfectly aligned white teeth is one of the criteria for ny person’s health and beauty. Even if we maintain daily hygiene, we can not prevent the teeth from getting yellow.
Therefore, we can not change anything without a dentist’s intervention. That’s why whitening of teeth is a very common procedure.
Methods of dental cosmetics and esthetics:
Certain food pigments (coffee, tobacco, tea, red wine, etc.) and also teeth coloring substances (like tetracycline, excessive fluoride) can cause undesired changes in their color. In order to obtain good teeth coloring rigorous hygiene and even professional cleaning are insufficient.
- Zoom 3 plasma-lamp whitening system, offered by VIVODENT, offers remarkable results in just 1 hour of treatment, being completely safe and comfortable, the short period of time needed and the light colors obtained making it highly solicited, especially among the patients that value their time. Lamp dental whitening is also very useful and recommended when getting ready for an short-notice event where a flawless smile is needed. This method provided teeth whitening in just 45 minutes. The color of the teeth changes with an average of 6-8 shades.
- Ceramic veneers: they are the most esthetic restorations, but also the most delicate. They are achieved by layering techniques determined by the minimum space available. They are beneficial because they require minor polishing of the tooth’s outer surface (0.6 mm) preserving the vitality of the teeth. They are very appealing, devoid of a metallic infrastructure, the restored teeth will not have any dark shadows near the gums. The ceramic veneers hold the texture and translucency of natural teeth.:
- Ceramic inlays and onlays:
- These are dental procedures used by few dentists. In some cases, inlays and onlays are a conservative alternative to dental crowns. Known as the “inlays”, they offer a properly secured reconstructive solution, stronger and longer-lasting than composite resin fillings for decays or similar problems. These restorations are beneficial esthetically and functionally. They are made of layered ceramic;
- Tooth color: having an esthetic longevity, inlays and onlays are not subject to staining over time, as it often happens with composite resin fillings;
- Protecting the tooth structure: inlays and onlays preserve a maximum amount of healthy tooth structure, while restoring decayed or damaged areas, helping to ensure functional longevity;
- Ceramic crowns (ceramic-only).
Dental crowns preserve the functionality of the affected teeth. Crowns can be used to protect a cracked tooth, to restore the functionality of an excessively decayed tooth or to replace an existing crown. The purpose of a dental crown is to wrap a damaged tooth with a special material. Nowadays, dentists hold a variety of conservative treatment options for restoring teeth. If it’s possible, these options should be analyzed and discussed before selecting a full coverage crown.